Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default what's in your bread?

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 8:55:00 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
| Science is all about questioning.
| Collect evidence, come to your best conclusion.
| QUESTIONING is an essential part of the process.
|
| Tell that to the global warming crowd. Wow. They
| explode when someone tries to question.

That's a good example. Superficial, policy science
just makes people think less of science in general.

Say what you may about global warming, there is nothing
superficial about the scientific evidence. I agree, you can
debate the evidence, what it means, but it's not superficial,
it's extensive. Even the global warming skeptics seem to
recognize that the earth has warmed about 1 deg C over the
last hundred years.

Probably most scientists in the field think that global
warming is happening and that we're causing it. That
seems reasonable.

Why? Because you're a hippie?

We should come up with a less
wasteful lifestyle, anyway.

Bingo.

Why don't we make that
the focus? But then the dogma comes out, claiming
that "we know" that humans are causing global
warming -- something we couldn't possibly know,
simply because we don't fully understand how climate
works. Then the piggyback research starts, with
scientists jumping onboard the issue du jour because
there's lots of funding for things like studying satellite
photos of polar icecaps.... over and over again. And
the media begin a long, droning report of "scientific"
results, with some studies directly contradicting other
similar studies.

That part is true, except that I don't see the media
reporting the studies that contradict.

Meanwhile, the polarization of the quasi-science
junta creates a polarized opposite: a large, vocal
Luddite mob yelling nonsense.

But I found something especially for you, T. I think
this will restore your faith in science. It's all in the
link text.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...y-cholesterol/

That science gets it wrong occasionally, doesn't mean that all
science now has the credibility of religion.