Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 04:36:28 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 7:56:24 PM UTC-5, Mark wrote:
On 2/10/2015 4:52 AM, Charlie Taylor wrote:
On 02/09/2015 07:08 PM, N. Cognito wrote:
Americans are waking up!

GMOs are causing a rise in autoimmune diseases so

- Buy organic food for a healthy body.

- Buy pharmaceuticals stock for a healthy portfolio.

Is it wrong for me to profit from the sickness of ignorant people?

Ever notice smokers tend to defend their cigarettes? Ever notice alcoholics defend their booze. Well it's same thing with people addicted to their GMOs.
Taking money from stupid people is a righteous act!

Of course there is one big problem with that silly statement. Alcohol
and nicotine are both physically addictive substances. GMO is not.
Alcohol and nicotine both have easily demonstrated direct effects on
the body, GMO does not. People can't tell the difference between a GMO
food and a non-GMO, plus in the USA GMO is not labeled so the typical
consumer could not even tell them apart.
Now if you're so ignorant that you don't understand that,
what does that say about your real knowledge of GMO?

Just the facts.

I'm a computer programmer with a masters in medical biology, and I
read, so I know somethings about GMOs. Humans have been messing around
with genetics since we started breeding animals and plants for certain
traits. But splicing genes into things is a bit different. For
instance, sticking genes for resistance to certain poisons, and then
using those poisons to kill everything but the target plant, does
bother me. After all, those poisons are likely still in the plants,
and then we eat them, at least in theory absorbing the poison
ourselves.

The problem with GMOs is testing. There is no way to test what these
things do to us or or progeny. Sort of like geoengineering - we can do
all the computer models we want, but only large scale experiments will
actually prove things out, and those aren't experiments, those are
reality.

Crossing all kinds of genes might do no harm, or one might accidently
create something that will have very bad outcomes in the wild.