Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default what's in your bread?

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 2:33:24 PM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
| There's no dogma there at all.
| As I said, scientists, and those that take a scientific
| approach, (as opposed to a DOGMATIC approach) question
| everything based on EVIDENCE.

OK. I explained it as much as I can.

Yes, you sure did, when you posted this gem:

"Given that science is the closest thing modern society has to religion,"

After that idiocy, any remaining credibility you had regarding GMO,
or anything else went out the window.

| OK. Then why didn't you question the Oklahoma
| study? And what are your evidence and conclusions
| about GMOs and organic food? I'm not asking you to
| discuss religion here. I'm only questioning the limits
| of science and alleged science. Isn't that allowed as
| a topic of scientific inquiry? Shouldn't we be able to
| discuss something like GMOs and organic food as a
| scientific topic?
|
| You appear to have me confused with someone else.
|
| Let's see Oklahoma GMO study...maybe this:
|
| http://canola.okstate.edu/gmofacts

I'm talking about the study that you, yourself
brought up in your first post! You started out
making fun of public ignorance about science by
mentioning a survey in which 80% of people
thought DNA should be banned from food. But you
trusted the "science" and didn't look at the actual
survey, which is he

http://agecon.okstate.edu/faculty/publications/4975.pdf

I've already explained why the survey itself was
more pro-GMO propaganda than science. Anyone
who cares to follow up can look back up the thread.

There is a difference between scientific studies and surveys
of consumer opinion. Good grief.

| As far as GMOs vs Organic (which I have not commented on
| up to this point), I prefer not to worry. I think I'll live
| longer not being afraid of everything.

You equate avoidance of toxins and
knowledge of the food supply with fear? OK.
Not very scientific,

You wouldn't know what's scientific from a hole in the ground.

Let's review some of your bogus claims:

Monsanto is forcing farmers to use their seed.

Monsanto is suing farmers where some GMO from an nearby farm
using Monsanto GMO innocently contaminated their crop.

The Supreme Court affirmed the appeals court case where
Monsanto won, because of the 5 conservatives.

The last one I already demolished, because it only takes 4 votes
on the court to take the case. Obviously the libs agreed with
letting the appeals court stand in Monsanto's favor.

Still waiting for proof of the first two.