Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT Stick a fork in Monsanto...

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 2:38:09 PM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:
And while I'm at it... I'd like to see the law changed so that labels have
to show each country where a food product was grown, processed and packaged
and stop this "distributed by...." nonsense. The only reason I see for a
company not putting "Made in -----" on the label is that they are hiding
something.

I think you just have to vote with your wallet
on that one. American prosperity is built on
exploitation of 3rd world resources and labor.

According to the resident radical hippie loon. This country
has done more to lift the countries that we've dealt with
than any other on this planet. We buy those resources or
products and it benefits their local economy, increases the
locals incomes, gives them jobs. It benefits us, it benefits
them, but of course being an anti-American idiot, you wouldn't see that.

I avoid anything that's not from the US, with
the exception of possibly Canada and Europe.
I'm surprised that so many people who care
about food quality don't pay any attention to
country of origin.

But even being aware of such things can be
tricky. I saw an article recently about scams in
the olive industry. Among other things, there are
tricks such as shipping a load through Greece so
that the resulting product can then be claimed
to be from Greece.

I'll bet plenty of that expensive organic crap you buy
really isn't organic either.