Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default File Conversion DWG to PDF, GIF, etc

"bob_villa" wrote in message ...
On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 6:30:48 PM UTC-6, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:
"bob_villa" wrote in message ...
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 2:15:31 PM UTC-6, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:
"bob_villa" wrote in message ...
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 11:20:48 AM UTC-6, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:
Can any recommend a free online viewer for DWG? 2nd choice would to install one - not thrilled about installing software from the web.

Today I tried converting DWG to PDF at www.zamzar.com, and the PDF was the wrong proportion - cutting off the left side of the image. I have been using www.zamzar.com for years and doing a great job with other formats.

Original DWG is 11x17 (ratio 1.55)
Converted file is 600x800 (ratio 1.33)

Link directly to image:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2u4h8g5.jpg
If that doesn't work, this will get to it:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2u4h8g5.gif

Thanks!

Waaay off topic here! Try hehttps://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=....comp.freeware

It's on topic, dude. Construction drawings - DWG.

http://www.autodwg.com/dwg2image/

THANKS BOB!!!! That's a great program. Easy to download and use, and perfect PDF's with excellent detail.

Many Thanks!!

Sometimes I get lucky (but don't tell the wife) ;^) YW

LOL!! I don't think this is related, but after using the program, I shut down the computer. Next time I powered up, an error message came up - need to scan a drive. This has been normal for the last few weeks - probably something getting ready to go. I let it scan the drive. Then 4 hours later it finished. No IE or OE icons on the desktop or the start menu program list. Got them back on the desktop by running from command prompt, but could not get them the back in the program list.

The good news is I used this as a reason to pick up a new laptop. Has Winders 8.1 on it. I'm keeping this one off the internet at least until I drop it a few times.