Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default what's in your bread?

| What happens when Monsanto come for you, claiming you ate their
| patented seeds, so they own you, now!?

I'm wondering what will happen when we start
editing human embryo genes for new traits. According to
current Supreme Court rulings that baby will be the
patented property of the lab that did the gene tweak.
Where do we draw the line? One can own a corn strain
but not a mouse strain? Or maybe a mouse strain but
not a chimp strain? If a company can patent a custom
chimp then how would we say they can't patent a
custom human... and all its progeny?