Posted to alt.home.repair

Default what's in your bread?

Tony Hwang wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Mayayana wrote:
The author seems to be partially misinformed. She starts
by saying the problem is not GMO crops but then goes
on to say the problem is Roundup herbicide. Roundup is
patented by Monsanto, which also has a patent on their
GMO grains designed to tolerate high levels of Roundup.
It's a marketing dream: They sell the poison and they
also sell the patented, GMO seed that can tolerate it.

Did you actually read the article ? And a couple more related
articles ? The wheat is not GMO , nor are they using the glyphosate
for weed control . They're using it to kill the wheat in a manner
that increases the yield while making it all ripen within a narrower
window - which also maximizes yield . The problem is that the
not-quite-ripe wheat berries absorb some of that glyphosate as they
ripen . I've been criticized here and other places for my stand
that glyphosate is implicated in digestive and auto-immune disorders
in people , livestock , and even in the bees that pollinate treated
plants . Why do you think there's such a market nowdays for "gut
bacteria" AKA probiotics ? It's because glyphosate is also an
antibiotic that kills off the natural bacteria we should have .
That **** ain't good for you .
--
Snag

Hi,
Is there unnatural baacteria when you say natural bacteria?

There can be , but usually the "good" bacteria keep those in check .

Gut disease is partly genetic, partly diet and life style.

Can't argue that . But I can add that manmade chemicals spilling over into
the food supply can also cause - and aggravate existing - problems .

Gluten in wheat is bad. Sugar is bad, heavy meat eating is bad.

Gluten is not bad . Sugar and meat both in moderation are not bad .

When I hear some one boasting (s)he is steak and potato person,
I hear it as I am stupid.

Might just be ignorance ... not everyone is as well-informed on so many
subjects as you -seem- to be ...
--
Snag