Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default what's in your bread?

On 2/6/2015 9:26 AM, Mayayana wrote:

There's a common misconception that GMO is inherently
toxic. GMO only means that a gene has been changed in
a laboratory rather than by cross breeding. The bigger
concern with GMO is the motives, and thereby the results.
Altering genes to produce toxin tolerance is an idiotic use
of GMO.

I'm not so sure about that. Cross breeding and grafting involves
similar plants. Peaches, plums, and the like can be modified that way.

My understanding (right or wrong) is that GMO food can have perhaps a
wheat gene replaced by one from a fish or other species. If that is
true, I'd rather not partake of the results.

As for motives, there is only one. Money.