Posted to alt.home.repair
aplumbernamedlee aplumbernamedlee is offline

Default PEX - Using hose clamps

replying to George, aplumbernamedlee wrote:
george wrote:

Because PEX isn't a hose. It is a permanent plumbing system which
frequently is concealed. Crimp connections produce reliable and
repeatable results.

Now that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard! It's a damned piece
of poly hose! Don't tell anyone what you think...text it for yourselves!
Hose clamps don't provide even pressure, Pex is made for a clamp etc. are
about as stupid a response and anyone can write! Just put a 10 cent hose
clamp on a piece of pex & a elbow fitting and see for yourselves! Any
engineer worth a damn will try it and then write about it instead of
spouting some inane response about what they think! And in case you're
wondering...everyone else all over the world uses hose clamps with pex and
has been doing so longer than we've had Pex! Don't forget when pex was
introduced here no self respecting plumber would even consider using pex
and it was badmouthed from here to Boston!