Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default what do you think of this led headlamp?

On 2/5/2015 3:18 PM, T wrote:
On 01/17/2015 06:48 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

This guy uses a single AA battery (don't want AAA bats) and
has a spot and flood mode. I do wonder it is will point
where I need it to point though. It got only one review,
so who knows.

http://www.amazon.com/New-2015-HeadL...AEI/ref=sr_1_6

-T

Follow up:

I went ahead and order one, against advice to wait for more reviews.

It took two weeks to arrive.

It came with an Eveready AA Alkaline battery

The up/down angle is adjustable.

The spot function is quite adequate for close up work and
for pruning my flowers in the dark.

The flood option is a bit on the dim side and is a higher
color temperature than the spot light.

The spot and flood can not be on at the same time.

The unit is light weight due to the single AA battery
design.

It is obviously electronically driven and as such brighter
than passively driven design which require three AAA
batteries.

The head band is comfortable when adjusted to taste.

Thank you all for helping me with this!

-T

Interesting aside. When I first got the thing, I decided to vacuum
the house in the dark to see how well the headlight worked. It
did fine. But, you know those ceiling hanging webs you can never
relocate because the light/sun is shining differently when you
have the vacuum wand in hand than when you first spotted the
darlings, so you just flail around with the wand hoping you nail
them? Well now. ALL OF THEM show up like a sore thumb when
you have this head set on in the dark. It shocked me how many
there were. They are not there anymore. I had a blast. I hate
those dangler webs. :-)

Looking at the Amazon site again I see output of 115 lumens.
You have to go farther down the page then you expect to see this.
That should be adequate for your use.