Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default See if you can put some political spin on this story...

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 9:09:37 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 02/03/2015 09:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/3/2015 6:07 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 2/2/2015 10:37 PM, bob_villa wrote:
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/weird-n...ach-day/nj3Yz/

Living in Detroit, I can't imagine his mortgage being high, therefore, I
also can't imagine why he couldn't buy a car, even if it's an older beat
up one.

You can't be serious. At $10.50 an hour I doubt he owns a house.

Detroit is so depressed that you can get houses there for next to
nothing. I bet that half the houses are under $16K

However the story is fake. Nothing adds up.

CBS news covered this last night. They had an interview with the
guy. He seemed genuine and credible. Not saying that means he is.
They showed the plastics factory where he has worked for a long time.
He takes the bus part way, then walks. At night, because there is
limited bus service, he has to walk farther.
So, IDK. It seems very strange and you would think there would be
other options. I guess there will be, the crowd funding thing has
raised $250K.