Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default {OT] Preventing Tracking, Blocking Ads, Stopping Malware, Enhancing Facebook, Managing Privacy Settings on Facebook and LinkedIn

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 14:25:34 -0800, SMS
wrote:

On 2/1/2015 1:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 09:13:33 -0800, SMS
wrote:

Browser add-ons like Ghostery block things
like "Facebook Connect."

For giggles I installed Ghostery FF add-on this morning out of
curiosity. I'm impressed. Opt-in and allow the purple bubble that
shows what trackers were blocked from tracking you.

https://www.ghostery.com/en/home

It's amazing just how many different trackers one web site can have!

Yes. It's about money. I was aware of all the data mining and
targeting. I tried another FF add on, but was not satisfied. Ghostery
seems a better solution for blocking them. I like it, even though I
only installed it this morning