Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default {OT] Preventing Tracking, Blocking Ads, Stopping Malware, EnhancingFacebook, Managing Privacy Settings on Facebook and LinkedIn

On 2/1/2015 6:59 AM, Mayayana wrote:

If you look around online you'll also find that there's a
cottage industry built around removing Norton software.
The only product of theirs that I did think was quite good
was their "speed disk" defragger.

So, those are my reasons for saying Norton is bloated
junk. If you're going to claim "Is not!" then I don't think it's
unreasonable to expect that you'd also have some
reason for that opinion that you can explain.

The first thing I look for when someone is having performance problems
with their computer is to see if Norton products are present. If they
are present, or remnants of them are present, they get removed.

What I find really amusing is that some stores now offer to remove
bloatware like Norton and McAfee, for a fee, on new computers. What a
business! Symantec and Intel pay computer makers to install Norton and
McAfee and then retailers want customers to pay to have them removed!

I recall doing benchmarking for a new tablet computer being designed by
Compaq that was using the processor from the company I worked for. I was
getting much better scores than Compaq was getting in their labs. But I
was installing Windows then running the benchmark. They were installing
their corporate Windows image which included Norton. There was a
significant difference in performance, not just a couple of percent.