Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default {OT] Preventing Tracking, Blocking Ads, Stopping Malware, EnhancingFacebook, Managing Privacy Settings on Facebook and LinkedIn

On 2/1/2015 8:03 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 09:26:56 -0500, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| I don't agree with you. FB is a LOT easier than what you just wrote.

That's the same response SMS has: "But Facebook
is a lot easier." In many ways it probably is. So what?
Is your life only about easy?
This thread started with talking about ways to protect
privacy. This is a perfect example of how scourges
like Facebook get going. We all want privacy and
security and blah, blah, blah, but.... you mean I'll
have to sit up and make a little effort? OK. Never mind.
I guess this spying and ads isn't really so bad.

Facebook is easy to open an account. But once the account is opened,
it's a major pain adjust the settings, which are what is needed to
eliminate much of the spying and "open doors" that allow FB to
manipulate people's accounts and track what they do.

It's actually quite easy to adjust the settings. Numerous articles
explain exactly how to do it. Browser add-ons like Ghostery block things
like "Facebook Connect." But few people take the time to do it, which of
course is what Facebook counts on. Ditto for LinkedIn.