Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Is Kohler out to get a few extra bucks out of us?

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 7:10:39 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/31/2015 5:42 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:52:14 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

most people who replace a sink buy a new counter top too

Why do "most" people do that? It seems silly to me when a sink
replacement will work just fine.

Would be interesting to see how often the counter top is replaced. The
few times I've done it, both were replaced. I'd guess it is a high
percentage, but not 100%

I changed my sink a few years back without changing the counters.
The garbage disposal went and you know how that goes. I started
thinking about the sink, which I never liked. It was stainless,
the type with that useless little side sink. That left a smaller
main bowl, useless side bowl. So, I got a two bowl, extra deep,
chef style cast iron one. One bowl is about 2/3, the other 1/3.
And it has a center mount faucet, so that there is no ledge space
taken up at the back by the bowels, giving more room.
I'm very happy with it. But I would agree that most sinks
are changed with the counters.