Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Descending Stairs: Some Kind Of Safety Device?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 15:21:25 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Retirednoguilt:
your words
are, "increasingly problematic" which leads me to infer that your
condition did not appear suddenly and has remained stable, but rather
that your condition is worse now than in the past. Not to be morbid
about it, but it seems reasonable that your problem is likely to
progress further. Therefore, sooner or later the chairlift is likely to
be needed to descend stairs at first, and possibly, even to ascend
stairs.

I have to agree with that... knees are on the way out... not gone yet,
but the end is in sight.

Another poster's observation about chair lifts folding out of the way
when not in use broke my assumption that one would take up half the
stair case....

I guess it's time to start Googling "Chair Lift"....

Thanks to all for the input.

Pete,

Ask your doctor about a "prescription" for a chair lift. She can write
one for medical needs. You may be able to get some tax relief. We
did that when my wife needed hydro-therapy for her hip. We bought a
spa for her based on the Rx and got most of the cost written off, if
not all. Check with a medical supply company and your Tax Man

Worth an investigation.