Tipu Sattar

Default Wiring of new Consumer Unit

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message .net...
Do they all have to be put into trunking and then fed into the
top of the CU? Or is it better to chase channels and bury the
cables and feed them into the CU from the back?

Whatever floats your boat. It is purely cosmetic, unless there is any chance
of the cables getting snagged. If anything, surface mount cables are easier
when alterations are made.

Christian.

Fantastic advice chaps. I've decided to surface mount them. Use 1"
battens and a piece of ply to cover it. Of course, I'll leave plenty
of slack. Dont really fancy the trunking method as it will involved
quite a few of them as theres a fair few cricuits and dont want to
bundle them into big trunking as things like heat generation etc
concern me.

btw the cupboard is too small for any other use apart from housing
gas/ elec meter and CU. So those worried about putting stuff like
brooms or in laws in trunking should be rest assured....