Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default {OT] Preventing Tracking, Blocking Ads, Stopping Malware, EnhancingFacebook, Managing Privacy Settings on Facebook and LinkedIn

On 1/30/2015 12:24 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/30/2015 3:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:22:27 -0500, Frank
wrote:

adbloc on Firefox browser keeps a lot of the trash out.

...also see NoScript

https://noscript.net/

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBqnLgOzwM

Looks interesting.
All I have is Adblock Plus which keeps out most of the crap and I don't
have to interact with it.

I think the "ScriptSafe" Chrome extension does the same thing as
NoScript on Firefox
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptsafe/oiigbmnaadbkfbmpbfijlflahbdbdgdf?hl=en.

The ScriptSafe author also recommends Ghostery, Disconnect,
DoNotTrackMe, and Adblock Plus. I haven't used DoNotTrackMe.

Anyone's computer that I manage, i.e. kids, spouse, relatives, I install
Ghostery, Adblock Plus, Disconnect, FB Purity, and Malware Bytes.
Microsoft Security Essentials is really adequate for virus protection. I
also always do a full uninstall of McAfee and Norton.

Here is some of what's wrong with Norton:
http://www.7tutorials.com/security-everyone-reviewing-norton-internet-security-2014