Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Blake[_2_] Roger Blake[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for itsfirst year of release

On 2015-01-29, wrote:
OK, that is true, but when I started using the internet, the web was
just beginning. Prior to that, I was using local BBSs (bulletin
boards).

When I started using the internet we were lucky to even have ftp and telnet,
and dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Usenet started out in 1979 as its own entity using dialup modems for
distribution, though it had links to arpanet/internet from pretty
early on. (Remember Usenet mail, where you had to manually route your
messages?) Integration with the internet via nntp came later.

NSA sedition and treason --
http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com