Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its first year of release

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 02:37:16 +0000 (UTC), Roger Blake

On 2015-01-28, wrote:
When the internet first started, I guess I kind of had the "wow factor".
Heck, I remember if I heard a tv commercial that included a web URL, I'd
have to go to that URL, just because they were so rare at that time.

When the internet first started there *was* no web.

OK, that is true, but when I started using the internet, the web was
just beginning. Prior to that, I was using local BBSs (bulletin
boards).

Usenet was part of the founding of the internet as well as stuff like
"Gopher" which I never used. But USENET was actually my first think I
did on the internet. I do recall those first web browsers, which ran
on Windows 3.x and one that even ran on Dos. They were horrible!!!!