Posted to alt.home.repair
John Albert John Albert is offline

Default are newer furnaces more efficient?

On 1/27/15 6:15 PM, philo wrote:
I just had my new one put in yesterday and it is 96% efficient
I expect that compared to the 80% furnace it replaced and the high
Wisconsin heating bills it should pay for itself in well under 10 years.

If you don't mind, which brand did you buy, and what was the approximate
installation cost?

I've got a 1988 Burnham gas furnace in my 1911-vintage and very leaky
1400 sq.ft. house. Last month's bill indicated 224x100 cubic feet of
consumption.

It's still running fine, but wondering if a more efficient furnace would
make much of a difference.