Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default (OT) Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its first year of release

| Her name is Cortana.
| She's been on Windows Phone

I thought it might take a generation to
anthropomorphize talking gizmos. It's bad
enough that so-called AI is considered
"intelligence". People who know computers,
of all people, should know there's zero
intelligence in AI, or in computers, for
that matter. There's merely a very complex
abacus that's been cleverly applied to various
tasks.

I know there are some pitiable souls like
Ray Kurzweil who hope to download their
consciousness onto an Intel product before
they die. To me that's just an indication
of how we haven't yet got over the wow
factor of computerization. (Just as people
once thought electricity, and later radioactivity,
might have to magical power to cure all diseases.)

I'm wondering how long it will be before
married men have to go into therapy due
to preferring their inflatable doll to their wife,
because the former says, "It's so big!" in a
silky voice, with a choice of 4 different
European accents, while the latter is prone
to spoiling the moment with talk of taking
out the rubbish.