Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to minimize voltage drop caused by heavy machine?

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 9:13:19 AM UTC-5, yyy378 wrote:
On 28/01/2015 20:06, wrote:
yyy378:

My biggest takeaway from all the suggestions here is to get either
the saw or the scanner off the same circuit as the other. If there are
spare circuits in your breaker, have the saw moved to its own.

Simplistic I know, but that's how I think.

I have tried it.

The entrance cable feeds two breaker panels which are wired in parallel.
I have moved the saw from one panel to the other with no noticeable
difference.

Since you were seeing a 5V drop at the service itself, that makes sense.