Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default How to remove cast iron kitchen sink - it's gone

In ,
Rebel1 typed:
I posted it on craigslist at 10:00. Got first phone call at 10:34
from a guy who sounded spaced out, so I told him no. Got a second
call at 10:45. He came and the sink was gone, in one piece, at 11:30.

Excellent. I do "free stuff" posts on Craigslist from time to time.
However, I have always done them as "curb alerts" and provided a photo and a
location where they can take it from the curb.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't want to have to deal with people individually and
arrange a visit etc. And, I don't like the idea of having someone come into
my property and see what else is there that they can come back and steal or
whatever. But, since you needed someone to actually lift it out, I guess
that was your best option. And, of course, you did a little self-screening
before choosing who to let into your house to take the sink away.

I'm glad that it worked out -- a simple solution for you, and worthwhile for
the person that wanted it (whether for scrap metal or for actual re-use.).

Thanks for the follow-up.