Default Safety spectacles, why so difficult?

Chris Harris wrote:

I'm *much* more likely to wear prescription safety glasses than
goggles or similar eye protection. I realise that safety spectacles
aren't as good as the best goggles etc. but they are still going to be
much better than the likely alternative.

Presumably most safety spectacles are paid for by businesses or other
workplaces and thus 'ordinary' opticians don't get to know much about
them.

I don't know the current regulations. But the normal plastic lens used in
specs are almost bullet proof and used to be considered an acceptable
alternative, especially if side guards are fitted.

Yes, but my existing frames are very small, I want a frame that gives
me a bit more protection and side pieces.

--
Chris Green )