Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default Chair Repair Question

micky wrote:
songbird wrote:
micky wrote:
songbird wrote:

the 2nd time i used epoxy with some flex in
it that was wood compatible. no failures since
then.

They make epoxy with flex in it??? Do you remember the brand?

no, sorry, it was one of those off-the-shelf syringes
at the local hardware store so you might find something
similar.

i'm not talking about rubber cement type flexible, just
a type that has a little give to it so it doesn't shatter.

That would be good. I don't remmeber needing it before, but I know if I
have some, I'll need it.

i usually need something about a week after i
finally get rid of it.

most work done was to get the surfaces cleaned up (both
times grr!) and then clamping while the glue set.

Some times I t hink of all the things we threw away when I was little,
because the only glues they had, or we knew about, were Elmer's white
glue and Duco Cement (which my mother kept buying but never worked at
all for me.)

Duco, not familiar with that glue.

What I like for cloth is contact cement. It really bends

yes, that's kinda like rubber cement on steroids. works
well for some applications. i use it the most when repairing
shoes.

songbird