Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its first year of release

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:31:38 -0700, rbowman wrote:

wrote:

Weird!!!! I have a feeling it has something to do with Windows 95 and
98 being referred to as "Windows 9". Just a guess....

They are just trying to put a lot of distance between 8. It confuses my life
-- a lot of the sofware I use is at the 10 major version so if someone says
"Will that work with 10.1?" I've got to ask "10.1 what?"

I dont know why they didn't just stick with using the release year for a
name.

Windows 95, 98, 2000, etc....
The next release would then be Windows 2015 (if it is relased this year)
and Windows 8 was released in (I think) 2013.

Being consistent avoids confusing people.......

---
Anyone running Windows 98 is using the LATEST version if you go by the
number. 98 is bigger than '8' Of course that could get touchy whether
you use 2000 or 00 for Windows 2000 Is anyone confused yet? grin