Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:26:13 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/21/2015 8:10 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

I had a suds saver washer for 35 years. It got the clothes a hell of a
lot cleaner than the new washer does. Like the OP laments, lint is now a
perpetual problem. Anyhow, reusing wash water is not an issue when the
majority of clothes washed aren't actually very dirty. The really dirty
stuff of course we didn't reuse the water.

Back then, phosphate detergent was all
the rage. Now, if it works, the gov't has
already banned it.

Ethyl gasoline
DDT pesticide
Freon
Cars without catalytic converters

Those all cause harm.

And new detergents have enzymes. I thought that was a hoax until I read
that people at the factory were getting sick from them. I'm sure now
they wear masks or something.

My impression is that dirtier clothes get clean, compared to before when
if I let clothes or rags get that dirty, they would never get clean.

And the list goes on....
-
.
Christopher A. Young