Kevin

Default old lathe

Well you could always fix it up to be a finishing lathe. That is, do most
of the sanding and such on your main lathe and use the dunlap for applying
finishes and such.

wrote in message
so today I was given an old lathe.

it's not much, in fact it's a lot less lathe than the one I already
had, so it's pretty unlikely I'll use it. it's a dunlap from probably
the 50's, plain bearing headstock (a bit sloppy), 3 groove pulley,
folded sheet metal ways, outboard disk sander with a table with a
miter slot. maybe 30" between centers, maybe 8" swing. cool futuristic
50's styling.

I'll clean it up. maybe put it on a stand, think about upgrading the
bearings and probably not do it, and try to find a kid with a burning
desire to turn wood to give it to.

anybody here ever get anything useful out of one of these?

Bridger