Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace problem (one one more ?)

On 1/22/2015 10:50 AM, philo wrote:
Since I expect to be moving up to a high-efficiency furnace that won't
need the chimney...I still will have a gas water heater that /does/ use
the chimney.

I was told by a friend that without a furnace, the water heater won't
exhaust properly since the chimney has no liner.
( That did not make complete sense as the water heater and furnace would
not necessarily operate at the same time)

Do you or anyone else know if that's true?

If so, I may just end up getting an electric water heater and completely
eliminate the chimney.

I've heard that about the chimney. it should
be possible to pull a chimney liner, and that
will work. I've done a bunch of those when I
did HVAC.

-
..
Christopher A. Young