Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Furnace problem

philo wrote:
On 01/22/2015 09:12 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I PM my furnace every year and the control board is clean and dry.

The leads are pushed properly but I will double check,

The controller is sealed and solid state so it does not look like there
is a relay that I could replace myself.

The controller is a CNT1523 and I see them on-line for $500

Hi,
If you suspect relay, there is one for HSI It is very small. I replaced
a relay once on my old furnace with one for laser printer fuser control
circuit. Small molded piece with 4 pins sticking out, rated at
like 3 Amp./120V AC rated contacts.

Many years ago I used to repair control boards so I'm sure I could
replace the relay...but...this being winter I'd hate to see what would
happen if I screwed something up and took the furnace out completely.

Plus, since it's 23 years old, more than likely something else is going
to go soon anyway...the exhaust motor is pretty discolored etc.

This is the year I was going to get a new furnace...so I'll just be a
few months early

Hi,
In winter time when the price is high, LOL! That's what happened to my
old furnace. I had to stand beside furnace and lighting it up with BBQ
lighter. Being week end I couldn't get new HSI any where in town. On
Monday I got one from a service tech who charged like 90.00 for it.
When summer came I had the furnace replaced. Good thing we have two
NG FP in the house. It was good help. Now I stock spare HSI. Hope you
find a GOOD installer.