Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace problem

On 1/22/2015 12:30 AM, philo wrote:

Thanks for the help...looks like I'm getting somewhere.

I took every single wire off and removed the control unit...put it on my
bench and opened it up...It's like new inside clean and shiny.

I then just put everything back together and made are all connections
were good...and I'll be darned the furnace started right up.

None of the wires or push on connectors looked burned...so it very well
may have been tarnish...

I worked with push-on connectors for my job and though it was not
common, I had seen that before.

If it stays working for the next few days hopefully it will stay that
way for a while...
but I will be seriously thinking of replacing the furnace...
but don't want to have it done in an emergency.

The so called "Molex" connectors, nylon plug
with several pin and hole connectors, known
to go bad. It's a wise idea to spray em with
WD=40 when you put them back together. That
displaces water, and helps the connection.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus