Posted to alt.home.repair
croy croy is offline

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:08:40 -0500, danny burstein
wrote:

Back in Ye Good Olde Daize we had a clothes washer which
would take water from the tub and pump it back over the
top of the clothes, passing through a lint filter (looked
a bit like a shoe shine brush).

And the filter certainly trapped lots of stuff. We had
to clean it each use.

Oh, and it also made sure that the clothes got wet
instead of sticking out on top of the water..

This is such an obviously useful system that, of course,
I can't find any washing machines out there that
still do this.

Anyone have a pointer to such a unit? I'm getting
really tired of seeing, for example, leaf fragments
hanging onto my shirts...

The salesman at Sears that sold me my washing machine said
it had a "passive" lint trap.

I have come to learn that "passive" means that the lint all
gets trapped in the pockets of your clothes, and the machine
itself has no lint trap whatsoever. Passive means none.

--
croy