Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Woman caught on surveillance tape stealing TV under dress

On 1/21/2015 11:31 AM, Frank wrote:
On 1/21/2015 11:58 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 1/21/2015 10:11 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 10:04:46 AM UTC-5, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:
On 1/20/2015 5:04 PM, Oren wrote:
- Jan. 20, 2015 - 5:22 - Suspect still at large in Costa Rica

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4000040864001/woman-caught-on-surveillance-tape-stealing-tv-under-dress/?#sp=show-clips

https://tinyurl.com/o5rhjll

When I was young and worked retail, the store security staff told us
the customers they paid the most attention to were fat people and
women with children. Fat people tend to wear baggy clothes, which are
ideal for stuffing merchandise into, and being fat, it's harder to
notice they've padded out even more. Women with kids are notorious
for
thieving - they either have their kids do the stealing, or they blame
their kids for doing it if/when they get caught. Plus, the strollers
and baby seats are great for stashing merchandise.

What? They didn't tell you to watch black people? That's what
Al Sharpton says they do.

Some do. I recall the owner of the seed company I worked for instructed
us to follow black customers around. I refused to do it, because as a
teen I'd been followed around in so many stores by clerks who just took
it for granted that teenager = shoplifter, which ****ed me off
mightily.

Ironically, the owner and his family were practiced thieves themselves,
falsely collecting disability, worker's comp, and unemployment while
working at their business. Also, they were cheating on their taxes big
time, and I was there when their accountant burst into the store
yelling
that the IRS had seized the books and they (including him) were all in
big trouble. It made my day.

I watched one day seeing three fat black women flim-flam a drug store
clerk making change. I was in line with them and hadn't figured it
out until the third one did it. I told the clerk and they went after
them and it was comical watching the three black rear ends run for the
door, hop in a car and escape.

The quick-change con is an old, old one. It's the first thing that
cashiers should be trained to watch out for, along with till dips. I
lived/worked in an overwhelmingly white area, so nearly all of our
crooks were white. Don't give me the bull**** that black people
account for the majority of the crime. The majority of white people
who get caught have community status and/or connections that come into
play, meaning it's oh so easy to persuade the cops, the DA, and the
judge (assuming it gets that far) that it was all a misunderstanding
or a one-time impulsive act. Yeah, right.