Posted to alt.home.repair

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

On 1/21/2015 8:10 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

I had a suds saver washer for 35 years. It got the clothes a hell of a
lot cleaner than the new washer does. Like the OP laments, lint is now a
perpetual problem. Anyhow, reusing wash water is not an issue when the
majority of clothes washed aren't actually very dirty. The really dirty
stuff of course we didn't reuse the water.

Back then, phosphate detergent was all
the rage. Now, if it works, the gov't has
already banned it.

Ethyl gasoline
DDT pesticide
Freon