Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default 2-year old boy kills mother in Idaho Wal-Mart.

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 5:44:06 PM UTC-5, BenignBodger wrote:
On 1/19/2015 8:31 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 8:26:14 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/18/2015 7:17 PM, wrote:
Idaho:

2-year old boy kills mother in Idaho Wal-Mart.

Reaches in her purse and shoots her with her own gun.

When interviewed, he said he was opposed to restrictions on carry
permits.

Lesson: Don't shop at Wal-Mart.

Other lesson: Get a holster, and keep closer
watch over your kids.

-

The odds of that happening are staggering. Kid has to get into zipped
closed compartment of bag, take out gun, gun has no safety or safety is
off, gun winds up pointed at mom not into empty space, hit is lethal, etc.
It was certainly a very bad idea to have the gun where the kid could get to
it, but she was very unlucky too. I guess the only good thing here was
that at least it didn't kill the kid, a bystander, etc.

From that I'd be lead to suspect you of having no experience with
two-year-olds. For future reference, the little beasts are capable of
getting into anything and screwing with anything found anywhere. Mere
zippers and safeties are no hindrance. The kid has probably had lots of
exposure already to the fun bang-bang toys the big kids love so much.

And I'd suspect you have no experience with probability analysis.