Posted to alt.home.repair

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

On 1/20/2015 9:13 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

And still you miss the point . It was pumping water from the tub , across
the lint filter and back into the tub . Most automatic washers have always
used fresh water for every cycle - though I remember a machine my mother had
back in the 50's that would pump the wash water into a separate tub then
back into the machine for subsequent loads . Though why on earth would
anyone want to use dirty water to wash their clothes has always escaped me .

There was a version I remember called the suds saver,
that reused the wash water. I'd have thought it makes
sense to use rinse water for the next load's wash.
That would be reasonably clean.

-
..
Christopher A. Young