Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

On 1/20/2015 9:13 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

And still you miss the point . It was pumping water from the tub , across
the lint filter and back into the tub . Most automatic washers have always
used fresh water for every cycle - though I remember a machine my mother had
back in the 50's that would pump the wash water into a separate tub then
back into the machine for subsequent loads . Though why on earth would
anyone want to use dirty water to wash their clothes has always escaped me .

That was common some years back. You started off with the whites, then
light colors, then dark colors. May have made sense decades ago when
water was difficult to get in some parts of the country, not to mention
cost. Maybe still makes sense in third world countries.

People still take baths, not showers. They relax in a pool of dirty
soapy water.