Posted to alt.home.repair

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 03:16:31 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein
wrote:

In "Terry Coombs"
writes:

You missed his point . The machine would pump water over the lint
filter while agitating , had nothing to do with saving water . Had
everything to do with getting lint out of your clothes .

well, more _throough_ the filter, but yea. And it wasn't
just lint it trapped, but also things like small parts
of leaves, etc.

I suspect the reason this is no
longer done is because now dryers do that.

And a pretty ****poor job of it, especially if it's
larger pieces like... those leaf fragments..

Me have a modern washer and dryer, and my wife uses a lint roller on
fresh clothes before heading to work. She has a dark uniform.
Seems a common problem. From what I see she could pick off the few
strap pieces of lint and dog hair, but the lint roller is faster and
cleans better. Haven't had any problem with leaves.

You must not live out in the woods .

--
Snag