Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 03:16:31 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein
wrote:

In "Terry Coombs" writes:

You missed his point . The machine would pump water over the lint filter
while agitating , had nothing to do with saving water . Had everything to do
with getting lint out of your clothes .

well, more _throough_ the filter, but yea. And it wasn't
just lint it trapped, but also things like small parts
of leaves, etc.

I suspect the reason this is no
longer done is because now dryers do that.

And a pretty ****poor job of it, especially if it's
larger pieces like... those leaf fragments..

Me have a modern washer and dryer, and my wife uses a lint roller on
fresh clothes before heading to work. She has a dark uniform.
Seems a common problem. From what I see she could pick off the few
strap pieces of lint and dog hair, but the lint roller is faster and
cleans better. Haven't had any problem with leaves.