Posted to alt.home.repair

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

philo wrote:
On 01/19/2015 06:08 PM, danny burstein wrote:
Back in Ye Good Olde Daize we had a clothes washer which
would take water from the tub and pump it back over the
top of the clothes, passing through a lint filter (looked
a bit like a shoe shine brush).

And the filter certainly trapped lots of stuff. We had
to clean it each use.

Oh, and it also made sure that the clothes got wet
instead of sticking out on top of the water..

This is such an obviously useful system that, of course,
I can't find any washing machines out there that
still do this.

Anyone have a pointer to such a unit? I'm getting
really tired of seeing, for example, leaf fragments
hanging onto my shirts...

Thanks

I remember that when I was a kid, my mom had one...and it would sure
make sense especially in places with water shortages.

I don't know of any machines today that will do that...but there are
plenty of videos on-line that show you how to re-use water...I did not
see any particularly good ones though

You missed his point . The machine would pump water over the lint filter
while agitating , had nothing to do with saving water . Had everything to do
with getting lint out of your clothes . I suspect the reason this is no
longer done is because now dryers do that . Except we don't have one , we
line dry our clothes . And they often have lint on them that needs to be
gotten off before she will wear them . I couldn't care less if there's a
little lint .

--
Snag