Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default any washing machines that still pump water through a lint filter?

danny burstein wrote:
Back in Ye Good Olde Daize we had a clothes washer which
would take water from the tub and pump it back over the
top of the clothes, passing through a lint filter (looked
a bit like a shoe shine brush).

And the filter certainly trapped lots of stuff. We had
to clean it each use.

Oh, and it also made sure that the clothes got wet
instead of sticking out on top of the water..

This is such an obviously useful system that, of course,
I can't find any washing machines out there that
still do this.

Anyone have a pointer to such a unit? I'm getting
really tired of seeing, for example, leaf fragments
hanging onto my shirts...

Thanks

Hi,
I don't know, our Whrilpool top loader has self cleaning lint filter,
per every load it is reverse flushed cleaning it. That is what
manual says. No problem. Matching dryer has big fine rectangular lint
screen we clean every load. No problem.