Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default Old mortise lock parts/repairs/replacements...

In bob haller writes:

Have 5-1/4" long faceplate unit with 2-1/4" setback at church on which
somebody managed to break the latch casting; I've no klew how they
managed that altho the door shows that it was sorely abused sometime in
the past as there are broken ventilation slats in the bottom section.

take the broken one to a local machinist who may be able to duplicate it.....

Even better any machinists in your congregation

Every Church should be able to find a carpenter... not so
sure about a machinist.