Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

On 1/18/2015 1:44 PM, whealerman wrote:

Ray-O-Vac batteries are the most leaky of any battery I've come across.

I caught some sales and used coupons, so bought
more batteries than I needed for a while. I've
had Harbor Freight AA cells (alkalines) leak in
the package.

Have also had several packages of Rayovac
D cells leak, new in he package.

Also had some Energizers leak.

Some people swear by Duracell. their six volt
square battery with the spring terminals
contains four D cells. Know this cause I've
pulled two of them apart. In both cases, one
D cell was dead, the other three were fine.

All three batteries, the company was very nice
about replacing them. One confirmed the codes
on the cells, and mailed out replacement cells.
Another sent a bunch of coupons. HF let me swap
em out for a new package of cells.

-
..
Christopher A. Young