Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How old is too old for a smoke detector ?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 18:21:15 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Years ago, I saw some thing about a smoke detector with
a sound recorder in it. You'd get either parent to record
a couple seconds of his / her voice calling the child by
name, and tell em to wake up and it's a fire drill.

When I was in JHS I realized that if I called my mother by "name",
"Mother, are you awake?", she woke up immediately, when that was just
what I didn't want.

But if I said "Are you awake?", she slept through that and I waited
until later to talk to her.