Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How old is too old for a smoke detector ?

On 1/18/2015 9:30 AM, Bill Gill wrote:
Not an answer to your question, but a comment on something I saw about
smoke detectors. Be sure you have loud ones in the children's rooms.
On TV I saw somebody do a test with some children and smoke detectors.
They set up a low light camera in the children's room and then
set off a smoke detector in the hall outside. The children
never woke up. They moved the detector into the room and
it took several minutes for 2 of the children to wake up and the
third never did. So you want REALLY LOUD smoke detectors in
the children's room.

Bill

Years ago, I saw some thing about a smoke detector with
a sound recorder in it. You'd get either parent to record
a couple seconds of his / her voice calling the child by
name, and tell em to wake up and it's a fire drill.

Wonder if it's easier to have monthly stop drop and roll,
crawl in smoke type drills. Then the kids associate the
fire alarm horn with the drop roll and crawl drill?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus