Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default Windows 8.1 email setup

On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 9:44:34 PM UTC-6, Mayayana wrote:
| The is no need to set-up an app when there are so many free internet
emails like Outlook, Yahoo, or Gmail. It's also handier to check your email
when you're not at home.

Real email also has all sorts of superior
functionality, not the least of which is that it runs in a real
software program, not as a javascript operation in a
webpage. It also provides the ability to store all of your
email locally and to delete it from the server. And it
provides conveniences like extensive, custom filtering
of email.

My ISP is Charter and what you get from them is a quirky javascript account...which I don't use.
MOST folks I know use web based email...but I'm certain no expert like you.