Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows 8.1 email setup

Retired wrote:
On 1/16/15 9:45 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I recently helped an older (than me ...) couple set up their new
computer , and yesterday they called to ask for help in setting up
their email . I have no experience with the new comps , I'm a
steadfast XP user . I did a little bit of research today , and it
looks like they need an app for that ... is this how the new ones
work ? I know how to set up the server settings , user stuff and all
that , but had no luck at all trying to help them find the email
client (over the phone) that I thought should be there - every OS
I'm familiar with has one built in (or included) with the OS . I
need some help here ...

https://download.mozilla.org/?produc...win&lang=en-US

Thanks to all , I guess I'll be going over there and installing/configuring
Tbird for these folks . I have both a gmail and outlook.com accounts , but
they're throwaway accounts so I don't have to give out my primary pop3
account to every Tom Dick and Mary .

--
Snag