Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Windows 8.1 email setup

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
On 1/16/2015 9:45 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I recently helped an older (than me ...) couple set up their new
computer
, and yesterday they called to ask for help in setting up their email . I
have no experience with the new comps , I'm a steadfast XP user .
I did a little bit of research today , and it looks like they need an
app
for that ... is this how the new ones work ? I know how to set up the
server
settings , user stuff and all that , but had no luck at all trying to
help
them find the email client (over the phone) that I thought should be
there -
every OS I'm familiar with has one built in (or included) with the OS .
I need some help here ...

There is a mail app on the modern UI interface, but it really sucks.
Download a copy of Thunderbird for them, and call it a day.

yep, that's what I did for a pal.

I also downloaded OpenOffice, since the old Office 2000 wouldn't work, at
least not without an emulator which is where I bailed.