Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default "Smart" thermostat

Nil writes:
On 16 Jan 2015, trader_4 wrote in
alt.home.repair:

And I don't see why any adaptive recovery program couldn't get the
recovery temp and time close after just a day or two. Just the
fact that it started 2 hours too early the day before, like the OP
is saying happened is a huge input.
It ain'r rocket science to have an algorithmn that say, OK
tomorrow cut that time in half. Adaptive recovery isn't worth
spit if it's that dumb.

As you say, it shouldn't be that dumb or slow or hard to deal with. It
should just work, and if temporarily changing the temperature throws
its whole learning off and requires a new week of adjustment, that
makes it useless.

I don't know if that's the case, but I'm pretty sure mine is defective.
I got up 3 1/2 hours early this morning, and the furnace was off. Then
I got up again an hour and a half after that and the furnace was on and
the stat read "Recovery". That means it started up at least two hours
early. If it is, indeed learning, it's learning too slowly to be
useful.

I'm taking it back to Home Depot to exchange for a new one. If that
doesn't fix things, I'll have to look for another brand or model.

This one should make you happier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honeywell-T8...-/191474809236